Sunday, August 1, 2021

#TL2021moviewatch : Jungle Cruise

 

Another Disney theme park ride being turned into a movie, like Pirates of the Caribbean.

To put it simply, the movie does feel like Pirates. I didn't mean it in a bad way.. the vibes that the movie gives, in terms of the story and the fun. So yea, perhaps it does feel like a repeated (winning) formula when you begin listing down some details then start comparing them....mmmm....

But I won't say too much.. because I am at the borderline spoiler territory...

Coming back to the movie.. well, it surprised me honestly, as I thought it's just "another" Rock's gimmick movie but it turned out to be a solid movie, which is fun and enjoyable. Adventures, mystery and good story-telling. And oh, some good old punny jokes if you love some.

So yes, if you enjoyed those solid Disney outings like some of the good Pirates movies, chances are that you will enjoy this movie... and it won't surprise me if they wanna consider a sequel to it (then turn it into multi-sequel franchise like.. ahem.. Pirates) 

Okay, I've compared it to the Pirates too often. On serious note, it's good movie for weekend chill-down or with your family, or something to ease the stress, especially in such times that we are living.

Rate : 7.5/10

No comments: