Monday, August 2, 2021

#TL2021moviewatch : Black Widow

 Little rewind on a movie that has been on the headlines, for many reasons...

I know I have discussed this on Movie Geeks Discussions live chat but here's some pointers on what I think about the movie..

- Not surprising that it's a typical spy espionage flick, but being coated with MCU "package/sugaring"
 
- Action packed, as obvious as the trailer and as you know her character..

- Glad that it's not totally an origin story as it's more about exploring some story gaps of her

- Personally, disappointed by how Taskmaster turned out. The scriptwriters have explained that Nat and Taskmaster need to have some reasons for their conflict.. so I am like, fine.. ok la. Still don't agree how the character is treated because (as a comic geek), the character itself can be intimidating and not someone you would wanna mess with
 
- I wouldn't say it's best Marvel movie but it's satisfying to watch, partly because you get to understand Natasha better.
 
- As grounded as Captain America 2 movie.
 
- post-credit -- ah, good setup towards the future.
 
- this movie speaks and explore the value of family better than F9
 
TL rates : 7/10

meanwhile.. I thought this song stands out in the movie and added some depth to the opening scene. Arguably one of those memorable opening scenes in any recent MCU movies

No comments: