Monday, September 29, 2014

revisiting days of future past


Last night, I got to re-watch X-Men : days of Future past. The movie that is on my list as one of movies of 2014.

Since I got to watch it at the comfort of my house, I managed to take the time to digest the whole story. At first, it seems crazy that how this movie has raised a few plot holes then by the time you have those questions, you realized by the last scene, all of those holes are wiped away.

um.. let me explain.

Might sound like a spoiler for those who haven't watch it but in short, what I was trying to say is whatever happen in DOFP has completely rendered the original trilogy storyline. Which means whatever happened in those trilogy (or even Wolverine Origins) could not exists anymore thanks to events of DOFP.

Ambitious move eh?

What it means to the X-Men franchise that they can focus on their new trilogy :- First Class, DOFP, and upcoming Apocalypse

That means as well that the franchise can start anew as well. Looks like X-Men gonna stay in Fox's hands in little bit longer.

That third movie (apocalypse) by the way would yet be another challenging and ambitious story, if you know X-Men in and out, you'll understand what I am trying to say.

Easily I can say this movie is my favourite in the X-Men movie franchise. A movie I can watch again and again. But I hope they don't screw up like X2, X3 and Wolverine Origins.

Have to wait till 2016 for the next mutant adventure. Seriously really curious how it will turn out but trust Bryan Singer and gang to handle it, hopefully it will be another fun X-Men movie.

Anyway, I am sometimes dig quotes from movies.. here are some that struck me. Credit to imdb.com for getting them

The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate: each choice, each moment, a moment in the ripple of time. Enough ripple, and you change the tide... for the future is never truly set.
(Charles Xavier on the last scene)

Charles Xavier: You still believe?
Professor X: Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever. Sometimes, we all need a little help.
Charles Xavier: I'm not the man I was.
Professor X: You're afraid. I remember.
Charles Xavier: All those voices... so much PAIN.
Professor X: It's not their pain you're afraid of. It's yours, Charles. And as frightening as it can be, that pain will make you stronger. If you allow yourself to feel it, embrace it, .it will make you more powerful than you ever imagined. It's the greatest gift we have: to bear their pain without breaking. And it comes from the most human part of us: hope. Charles, we need you to hope again.
(when the young Charles met the old Charles) << -- I admit that is my favourite scene in the movie

No comments: