Thursday, May 19, 2011

now we are 560th post...

And I just came back from FCC Family Camp...

Mmm.. I give it 6/10 in all honesty. I neither enjoyed it or dislike it. And I not trying to be neutral, just, erm, I have nothing much to say. I know my opinion does not matter but I just okay with it because I m just okay with the camp.

No doubt camp speaker is great, hearing his sharing and testimony is so mind-blowing -- amazing how God can use someone like him to change the people and nation. Really in awe how God is working in his life. Would be a great movie if we can make it. hahaha. It's a great reminder anyway that God can use anyone to do His will. I thank God I able to hear his testimony as well, such great encouragement.

Shortcomings for me is timetable. Yes, they may argue with me about not giving time table because of flexibility purposes, but in my opinion and general idea, this does not work for family camp. If it is a youth camp, a simple retreat for small number of people, etc could work... but not for a huge family camp. It just left many adults feeling clueless...

Too much time spend on lifegame.. heck, we should have lifegame camp instead. Because of that, it takes up all the time meant for resting and hearing God's word. Compromising on both resting and hearing God's word is not ideal because that is the two main reasons why people go church camp.

Anyway, that is what my opinion la.. I just typing here for your reading pleasure and hope there are improvement in some shortcomings.

And for everyone to ponder about and learn if you ever want to organize camps, there's always do and donts but depending situations...

Dont worry, I already made my comments known to my boss during staff meeting, so this doesnt sounds like a whining letter..

O, for the first time, I heard my boss complaint about the food which unusually surprising.. because he is easily satisfied with any food honestly...hahaha...

My journey there was full of drama... left around 3pm.. halfway through PLUS highway, like two exits away from Rawang, Jackson forgot the cables... lucky the next exit was Kepong and Rawang is not so far, so I turn around and get it for him. Not helping, it was raining heavily that causes poor visibility, causing me to drive slow.

Anyway after picking the cables, Jackson taught me to use Guthrie highway which was fast way. Learned a new way out of such condition and yea, we made it on time for setups and run through for camp.

Apart from that, I think I done something not many people would thought of in a lifegame -- start a street band to get money. We earn some "money" out of that, mind you, but at least I able to feel how it's like to go to street to sing for cash... and going to "jail" is always fun, thanks to Gavin...

Anyway, I was happy to be back early from camp to get some rest that I was looking for so much...and time to ponder what I learned...

I think that's all I want to say about the camp. I dont want to sound very skeptic about it because I at least learn something from God.
Well, just move on with life la...the past has gone, that's future ahead, kingdom of God needs to be known...

Think about it, in 2 weeks I will be away again to KK.

Travel lagi...

No comments: