Tuesday, August 17, 2010

attention seeker

I m quite busy these days.. I will talk about that later on.. haha.. part of me feel like sharing some devotion I have lately on my blog, after sharing this with my worship team members, thought it's worth sharing with everyone else too.

It comes from Luke 19:1-10, the story about Zacchaeus. In a nutshell, it's a story of a little man who got the biggest attention from Jesus.

Look at Zacchaeus and he is pretty much like all of us. Wealthy, tax collector(a job sometimes people despise you because you are a cheat), ordinary man. But the question is what did he do that Jesus paid attention to him?

What I see is his desperation to see the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Despite the crowd, which in life seems like representing all sort of obstacles and distraction, he managed to make his way to see Jesus. Determination and hunger is what I see as well. Because of that, Jesus even offered to go to his house and dine with him.

O well, enough story, time for application. How desperate we are to see Him? How hungry we are to have Him in our lives? Does our worship catch the attention of God?
I hope we can ponder this awhile as we continue to seek Him.

No comments: