Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mustard Seed and the Yeast

In this morning devotion, I was reminded again about it's good to give that to receive..and in some ways, it's blessed to be a blessing to others.

I recently share a parable by Jesus to some of my worship team members which is in Luke 13:18-21 - Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast. In that parable, Jesus used the example of mustard seed and yeast. First, the mustard seed was planted and then became a tree which became a shelter to many including birds. Same as the yeast, which mixed with the flour and became a dough, and yes we know that from there, we can make bread or pastry. Amazing how Jesus compares it to kingdom of God. The way I see it, if the seed or yeast is like kingdom of God, if we invest it or plant it into something and it grows, it is like a blessing to others.

Recently I had the opportunity to bless a group of people and I was reminded by God that my blessings has bless others which also became a blessing to many. Sound confused? Don't be. haha. It's sort of like a domino effect or chain reaction. Your action bless someone who also bless other people.. was it simple enough now? haha. Well, anyway I can testify that I feel blessed to be blessing others.

So remember in everything we do, be a blessing to others. It can be money, prayers, our actions. Don't let anything hinder us to be a blessing. Be one :)

Remember we are blessed to be a blessing..

No comments: