Tuesday, October 15, 2019

UK trip

It's been one week plus since I came back from that 3 weeks break at UK.

It took me a week to get over the jet-lag. It's not fun when you have to work on that day, especially the anxiety of wanting to get enough rest builds.

I just wanna share some observation I made..

1) People here love their pet dogs! I seen a lot of them walking their dogs everywhere and what amazes me is some of them are so huge!

2) The old folks are quite well taken care of, because at some places, I seen them traveling in motor seats (like Professor X-kinda thing). 



3) Edinburgh is so beautiful especially the city and the hills. No wonder Hollywood comes here to shoot.

4) Old Trafford 
So, I have finally ticked off an item on my bucket list - to be at Old Trafford and watch a match.



Any football fan would love to make a pilgrimage journey to their beloved football team.


I was there (with my wife) to watch MU take on Rochdale in the League Cup tie. The match ended 1-1 and MU progress via penalty kicks.

After reading and watching the football atmosphere since the moment I love football, to be here to experience it in person definitely change my life perspective. Football is really a community thing here for the British and I am really amazed to see the support from the crowd (despite all the sticks that OGS have been getting for their indifference form).

Definitely the highlight of my UK trip.


If you don't believe me, go that scene at Youtube.
5) I enjoyed Liverpool (city only, i must emphasize!) .. the cathedral there is life-changing experience. Newcastle was wonderful too although it's a small town.

6) I understand why the hype about London. So much happening there.

7) Lots of Asians though everywhere I go. Mostly Koreans or China tourist.

8) the London train lines... just wow. You gotta understand how the system works. Once you get the idea, all is well

9) I have met some helpful Brits which makes it homely although some have thick accent which made it hard for me to catch it immediately.  

10) I saw homeless people in some cities I've been. My heart breaks a bit when I think how these people have to cope with the cold and rainy weather. But in some places, I saw people care for them by offering food while there were one or two unpleasant experience where they just unashamedly ask for help. 

You can view some of those experiences at FB and I am still adding/sharing those pictures whenever I can.  

Honestly I miss a lot of things about UK even though the windy condition can be challenging. Also, holiday is a luxury sometimes, when you consider the energy and money spent.

That's some of the thoughts I would wanna share. Definitely I have a lot more to say if you ask me in person!

No comments: