Thursday, February 22, 2018

TL's 2017 movie pick

I know this is kinda delayed post, being that we way past 2018 but being a movie junkie, I just wanna share some of pick for movies that made my 2017 awesome.


Maybe the harshest of critics would disagree with my picks but hey, different people have different taste, isn't it.

Without any particular order.. ten picks of 2017, here we go...

LOGAN
Albeit the violent, vulgarity and long storyline, a beautiful sendoff for Hugh Jackman in the role that make him who is he today.  

KONG
Another nice reboot of the original movie which sets up nicely for a big showdown with Godzilla. Watching the terror of Kong did satisfied me. 

WONDER WOMAN
This is THE movie of DCEU so far. Perhaps Aquaman would challenge this by end of this year?

SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING
Finally, Spiderman came "home" to MCU and it was one of the better Spiderman movies I have seen. On MCU ranking, I rate this 2nd.

WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
Critical thinking movie which I enjoyed.





KINGSMAN
Yet another action-packed movie, more fun this time with its American counterpart.

THE FOREIGNER
Why this is on my list because it is really an enjoyable thriller. I never seen Jackie Chan this good.

THOR RAGNAROK
On MCU ranking for 2017 MCU movie, this is 1st for me in terms of fun. And yes, it was fun all the way. 

COCO
One of the better animation movies of 2017. Nearly put me to tears.

Star Wars : Last Jedi
What makes this stands out is that the director took everyone's expectation and prove them wrong. No wonder people were disappointed (hahaha) but subtle, Last Jedi worked well and it could setup for more intensive followup.

Some worthy mention :

POWER RANGERS
I actually enjoyed the direction of the movie. Nice reboot but some parts disappointed PR fans like me such as the "morphin" sequence and the megazord (WHY!!). Yes, it deserve some sequel, for goodness sake!
JUMANJI
Still making waves even after months of releasing. One of the better Dwayne Johnson movies that I really enjoyed.

Guardians of Galaxy vol 2
A fun followup from vol 1. So many post-credits to enjoy. That final story arch brings a different dimension to GoTG.

2018 gonna be interesting watch as well! Enjoy enjoy!!

No comments: