Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tribute to Rev Victor

Earlier today, I was having my lunch when i got the message that rev Victor Leong passed away. I was taken aback by the news for a few minutes and I needed to double-check with Ps Danny about the news. To learn a priest passed away is like knowing your fellow soldier has fallen in battle.

Even though he is an old skol guy but i learn a lot from him during my 2 years in KK. He has my respect in handling the tough scenario in ASC. It's not easy especially with his health situation but there's reasons why God put him in ASC. Often he is misunderstood even though he meant well.

I treasure my time serving alongside him because it gives me another perspective of serving as he has served in many churches. He always encouraged me in my studies and ministry as well. All in all, I had a good time serving with him. The last we contacted each other was on my wedding day when he prayed for God's blessings for me and Audrey and apologized for unable to make it to my KK banquet. His blessings meant a lot to my wife and I because he also knows my in-laws well too. In fact, he baptized Audrey.

Knowing he passed away on the day when i am flying back from KK is a sad moment for me. But i know it is much difficult time for the family as well. My condolences to mrs Leong, Jonathan, Caleb, Ivan and Gloria. May God's peace be upon you all.

I thank God for the opportunity to serve alongside you. You are now in a better place where there's no more suffering. Your service to God is a legacy for this Diocese. Thank you Rev Victor Leong for your guidance and i will see you on the other side someday.

No comments: