Tuesday, September 27, 2016

what is 1Malaysia or unity then?

Earlier today, someone bluntly badmouthed West Malaysians right at my face. Maybe that person forgot I am a West Malaysian or thinks I am a Sabahan or even completely forgot I am there but honestly I was both disappointed and disgusted by the comment.

Well, if we reversed the situation, I believe anyone would get angry. Wouldn't you?

I don't get it. How can one be badmouthing others but when the situation reversed, you think others are worse than you. Erm.

Honestly, most of the time I just keep quiet because again, some people like to be defensive and thinks they are always right. No point proving to them if they are hard-headed. I rather focus my energy on other things. so yea.

It's not the first time I been in this position before. And yet I don't understand why we have that terrible mentality of badmouthing each other.

We preached/talked about unity yet our speech and action doesn't reflect that.

My stand is I think everyone is not bad as one thinks. No matter which part of the country you are from. I have friends for every part of the country, friends who are from different background and culture yet they are the most wonderful people in the world.

So next time you think your culture or race is superior than others, I suggest you look at the mirror first.

No comments: