Friday, February 14, 2014

v-day post

It's been one week I landed at KK... Wow.. time flies!

7 days ago, at this time, I think I was sleeping. hahaha.

Life so far in KK.. still trying to come in terms with it honestly. Yea, spending 29 years of my life in West Malaysia and suddenly switch to Sabah, man, it really takes a lot of my emotion. Not forgetting the study and working situation here. Different ball game.

Sometimes I feel it's like Ipoh. Just that I don't have much liberty like my hometown as in I don't have my own car, slow internet speed and my stuffs. I admit sometimes I missed my KL life, so trying to adjust here is not easy as some thought.

Not helping is that I am asked to go Kokol this Sunday till March 6th for residential studies. Spending nearly 3 weeks there! Wah liao... just when I am trying to get use to life in KK and ministry...

And they say.. well.. it's life...oh well...

But I thank friends and pastors who were very helpful to get me get use to life here. Without them, man, I think I am instantly homesick.

Just now was my first time practicing with the ASC worship team. As we practice, somehow the songs chosen spoke to me. So deep. Through out Thursday I was struggling with some thoughts and worries. But those songs just gave me that inner peace, strength and assurance. Broke my heart at some point. Pretty amazing how God speaks. wow. just wow.

This hymn suddenly broke my heart.

  1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
    What a glory He sheds on our way!
    While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
    And with all who will trust and obey.
    • Refrain:
      Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
      To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
  2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
    But His smile quickly drives it away;
    Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
    Can abide while we trust and obey.
  3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
    But our toil He doth richly repay;
    Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
    But is blessed if we trust and obey.
  4. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
    Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
    What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
    Never fear, only trust and obey.

I guess I really needed to hear it.

Trust and obey. For there's no other way.

Anyway, I am not sure how much updates I gonna do here since I gonna be at the Kokol mountain for 3 weeks so pray for me if you are reading this.

And Happy Valentine's day. Have a great day with your loved ones. Appreciate them, love them :)

No comments: