Saturday, December 3, 2011

hole in your.... wheel..?

Recently, I was driving and somehow I felt my car tyres need some air..

Stop the nearest petrol station near my house, pump every tyre until came to the last one. Had a shock of my life seeing a nail in it... to make things worse, the moment I pull the nail out, it turned out to be a massive nail. And yes, air start to let loose from there.

Quickly I drove to the nearest car workshop, which happen to be the one I am very familiar about. In a nutshell, they explain that they need to do major touchup and covering on that hole. In view that later I have to use the car for cell group, I agree to them to let them "repair" the damage done.

I witness the whole process how they take the wheel out, looking for that hole, plastering, etc etc.

I thank God that time because somehow I have a gut feeling to take out an extra cash for something.. turnout it is to cover that damage.

At the same time, the whole incident reminded me of our hearts as well. Broken, shattered and punctured. If we do not do something about it, our hearts will lost steam (or air if you will) till it caused your journey to lose track. Just like a car with a tire that has lost its air, cannot move on the road properly.

Our hearts need some plastering and checking.. that's where Jesus comes in.

HOSEA 6:1-3 -
1 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us;
he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.
3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises, he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.

No matter how broken and punctured we are, the Lord heals and able to fix that wound/hole so we can continue our journey of life in the right track.

So....why not let Jesus fix it?

Psalm 84:5 - Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.

Anyway, in case you ask, my car been running well right now....

No comments: