Monday, May 17, 2010

monkey matters..

"to lead the monkeys, he must be one.."

I remember my friend gave me this quote few years ago..

Recently I was able to chat with some friends about leadership. Don't know somehow we talk about leaders that we see on news.

Like any other normal people do, we make fun of them etc etc. Then for a spur of a moment, it struck me awhile that they are also humans like you and me. No doubt people and media often make fun of them but truth to be told, actually I respect them a lot and I think they really done their job well despite all the critics and backlash they received.

Think about Dr Mathatir, Abdullah Badawi, Obama, Bill Clinton, etc etc. We sometimes critic them, make fun of them. But in the midst of it, I believe they are good leaders in their own way as well. Something I learn from ITEL recently is being a leader is really getting your hands dirty. Now ask yourself, sometimes who really wants to get their hands dirty? not most people. In the end, somewhat you got to credit them for getting their hands dirty for their community, people, nation and world.

Again it comes back to what I learn over the years that God put some people as leaders for reason. The Big Man has a plan and sometimes He knows what is going on instead of us.

This thought certainly struck me and reminded me as a leader and follower. I pray God can lead me on. Indeed it's not easy to be one...indeed you have to be a monkey to lead the other monkeys...

No comments: