Tuesday, October 20, 2009

random FAQs about THIS ROAD

With seems that I m updating my FB and Tumblr more, I try my best to come out with something for my personal blogspot..

Having said so, I guess it's a right time to answer some FAQs that I have been getting lately, all concerning my solo album project. There were 3 common ones so I hope my answer clears any doubts/curiosity/inquiries and satisfy you.

1) WHEN IS THE NEXT ALBUM WILL BE OUT?
The most frequently asked question. It's very encouraging feedback actually...to see that you all really enjoyed the album and asking for more. But on a serious note, I would say I will think about it seriously once I m nearing selling all my album stocks. Album sales been encouraging so far, support been great but I think the next one year, I will keep pushing the first album promo first and promote myself as a Christian artist through this first album. Perhaps from there, we will see how the response will go, it could determined whether the next album would be a reality or not.

If you ask my rough planning, maybe you give me 3 years then the 2nd one would be out.
As for now, all I can say is I have started work/composing new materials for future use especially 2nd album or hopely beyond. I already have a rough idea what I want for 2nd album and all I can say, you all have to wait for it...really wait for it. Some songs that I didnt include/record for 1st album would be selected for 2nd, but will be depending on the direction of the album.

2) YOU REMIND ME song..DOES IT REFER TO "SOMEONE SPECIAL?"
No. Those who attended my album launch in KL and Ipoh would know what is the song about as I have shared the story of the song.

Anyway, for the benefit of the doubt..

The song actually refers to all the people you met over the years in life. In life, we meet all sort of friends. From primary school, secondary, college, university, to work place, or even your neighbourhood or church friends. They may be your parents, teachers, friends, neighbors or some random stranger by the road.

As time goes by, indeed some people you met over the years have impacted you in some ways or another. Maybe they made you a better person, maybe they teach you a thing or two, etc.

YOU REMIND ME basically is like a dedication song to these people who have impacted your life and thank God for them.

3) DO YOU FEEL WEIRD LISTENING YOURSELF SINGING ON THE CD?
haha..honestly yes. That's why I try not to turn my songs everyday on my playlist. I think most singers/artist experience the same thing as well.

I remembered when Jonathan Tse first gave me the master copy and I listen to it, it was an indescribable feeling. I dont think weird is the right word, probably the closest word I would say it's overwhelming thought to hear yourself singing. Crazy thought I would say.

That's all folks..those are the top 3 FAQ that I have so far concerning my solo project and I hope you are satisfied with the answers. And yes, I spoke..I mean..I type the truth and the truth only.

Much love.

No comments: