Friday, March 17, 2023

[TL2023moviereview] Shazam 2

While it doesn’t have the charm of the first movie, well.. understandable.. since the kids have grown up since the last movie… Shazam 2 was still enjoyable. The humour in it is certainly different from the first movie, again I guess the fact is the kids are grown up while sometimes making lame references to pop culture.

It has its unique place in the DCEU/DCu/DCwhichever universe that they want. I guess sadly with the new DCU movie slate, it’s hard to tell what's next but nevertheless, I guess it landed in a sweet spot, no matter what the future holds for the movie.

There’s a major cameo and some character surprises (at the end of the movie and 2 post credit scenes).. i considered them a good payoff for those of us who have been following DC stuff for some time.
 
7/10 for me

No comments: