Tuesday, September 8, 2020

#TL2020moviewatch : Mulan 2020

 

Whenever Disney announces their plans to re-imagine their cartoon classics, it raises my eyebrows. As it shows over the past few years, there were mixed results.

So the latest from that line, Mulan.

I know there's lots of mixed review of it out there so here's my personal take and please be kind to me. aha. ok, that aside.. so yea, I managed to watch it and strangely enough, I kinda satisfied - in a way that I roughly have envisioned how it would turn out and (honestly) had low expectations, which they kindly have met.

My wife was disappointed and I know a lot of people are like her, because you are expecting Disney fun and humour. (*cough* Mushu). Basically, this again, falls in the category of expectations.
Story flow is choppy. There were weak and convenient writings and plots. Action-wise, okay la.. not the best but I have seen worse...

Saving grace is the cinematography is nice and hearing Christina Aguilera belting out that classic hit of hers again. And oh, an Easter egg to spot :- the original voice actress from the cartoon movie had a
cameo.

Not the best and not the worst for me though. Just that I'm strangely okay with it.

Till the next re-imagined Disney movie la.. 
 
I give it 6/10
 
Meanwhile, it's lovely that they got Christina Aguilera to reimagine that classic song again. She made it even more epic.
 


And of course, getting Coco Lee back for the Chinese version.
 


PS : Thanks to internet, I bumped into this Jackie Chan version. I know a lot were disappointed that they didn't do this song but let this entertain you la.. hahaha 


No comments: