Tuesday, October 8, 2019

#TL2019moviewatch : Joker


So I watched the most discussed and controversial movie in recent weeks

Certainly it's one of those most deep yet poetic movie I've seen. There are a lot of emotions stirred in this movie and you gotta be prepared for it. There's a lot for me to digest and reflect as it addresses a lot of today's issues around the world, from mental health to relationships to politics. I am happy to discuss with anyone personally about this movie because there are a lot of points for discussion.

I have watched many versions of Gotham before so to see how they use it to reflect the reality of life certainly is scary as it is grounded and realistic. Certainly not for the faint-hearted by the way at some point of the movie.

What Joaquin Phoenix did here is scary but it is a performance worthy of any recognition.

TL rating : 9/10 largely to Phoenix's performance

A movie that stands out in 2019, and probably for some time too.

No comments: