Thursday, April 6, 2017

Ghost in the Shell

Okay, I been seeing a lot of parodies of this...

Yes, perhaps some are familiar with its original source.. a Manga series.. so perhaps this appeals to some people. Then again, you have Scarlett Johansson, who gives you enough reasons to go and watch her? hahaha.

I know there's lots of criticism on white-washing but there are times, I feel these critics are unnecessary.


Now back to this movie, it has really cool visuals and direction. ScarJo clearly carries the movie a lot, in fact these days, she acts in a lot of such movies. No doubt, a strong performance from her.

But what's lacking is the strong storyline and the pacing is draggy. I had a long day, so when I watched it so at some point of the movie, I got restless.

Very matrix-like feel but it's just okay for me.

RATING : 6.5/10

PS : it's cool to see Pete Teo on Hollywood screen. Yup, our own Malaysian face there.

No comments: