Monday, January 23, 2017

#TL2017moviewatch - RESIDENT EVIL:FINAL CHAPTER

"this is my final chapter" said Alice.

However when it ends, she said, "this is not the end of my story."

Why so conflicting la???

In fact, some plots were conflicting. Especially if you been following the movie franchise since first. But personally, I couldn't keep up with the plots. Too many unconnected links. There's clone here and there, it confuses me a lot.

However, it gives a bit of background of how this whole storyline (which spans over 6 movies) started and what drives the whole franchise. It's been a long journey if you asked me, that I wished it shouldn't span over 6 movies. Part of me feel relief that it ends.

Other than that, the usual cliche scare tactics deployed here. Cue silent. Cue eerie music. Cue sudden appearance of creatures (with loud music or sound). It's been done over and over and over again. Overplayed throughout the movie. At some point whenever this happened, I wished they get over with it.


The final chapter of the franchise didn't have its grand finale in my opinion.

It's more of the closing relief for those who have been watching the franchise since first movie. It's like finally you get to finish the homework that you delayed too long.
 
RATING -- 5/10 

PS : Honestly, I am relief I watched this movie for free. Thanks MBO for the reward points which I exchanged for this. HAHA.

No comments: