Saturday, December 6, 2014

December disembark

Sorry for a short period of silence... was busy preparing to face my exams..

I have 4 papers from Moore college to settle. Finished one paper yesterday, and boy, sometimes I wonder how I managed to survive so far. Really, it is God's grace.

Learning so far has thought a lot about theology and what the Bible, Jesus and God is all about. It gives me a fresh and deeper perspective. It's something priceless. It's a lesson that I will remember.

Recently as I was hanging around KK, I suddenly filled myself with question of why I am working full time in church. I guess being imaginative and creative got my mind going hire-wire and kept thinking about "what if" routes that would I have taken. I mean seriously, I could have choose not to do work in church, choose to forget about church life, choose to just drown myself in the world out there. A lot of things I could and would have done.

I guess life is about the choices we make. Sometimes I regret, sometimes I am glad about decision and choices I make. Good times and bad times.

Slowly God revealed the answers to me. Sometimes you wonder why must be you but then, if based on what I been studying (lol, what you studied comes to play), it's part of God's sovereign plan.

The thing about His sovereignty is that it's too lofty for mere man like us to understand. That is the God we know, the God we serve.

Trust and obey is always hard, but it's what is needed.

Ok to sum it up, we can have many plans but when God steps in, it's all in His hands.

In short,  I am still learning to understand His plans for me.

I know a lot of questions were asked about my future. immediate and long term. I personally have a lot. Sounds cliche but we all need to learn to trust what He has.

Seek and pray.

Anyway, this song has been my theme song for this year.



Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start

They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

[2x]
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost


I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans

Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is the prize

[2x]
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost


The lyrics very much reflect my life so far..

No comments: