Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ghost Rider KICK!

I thought of doing a proper movie review.. it's been quite some time I sat down and do something like this....

Wednesday night, got to watch Ghost Rider 2.

A quick idea :- an anti-hero who was cursed to host a devil entity after he made a pact with the Devil. This movie talks about him stepping in to stop Armageddon from being unleashed on earth.

I might sound bias but everyone knows I dig superhero movies/stuff... moreover Marvel comics. You must understand Ghost Rider is not like your typical superhero.. like I said earlier, he has more darker background, yes... an anti-hero.

Having said so, Ghost Rider won't be everyone's cup of tea. Even myself, I m not a big fan of this Marvel character (compare to Iron Man, Spiderman, X-Men) maybe because of how complicated he is. His character related to lots of supernatural powers so I don't think a normal person can follow that much or rather confusing. Moreover, the part of me don't dig his 'myth' regarding hell etc etc. that is twisted for sake of comics.

Nevertheless, the movie itself.. let me said it forward.. better than the first GR movie. The first was too cheesy, unlike a really anti-hero movie. This one is slightly better, although not the usual epic superhero movie but definitely I think this is fair better in terms of tone, CG-wise and story.

There were funny moments but not as crazily funny compare first.

Story-wise, not the most solid of all stories as the story is a typical of Armageddon setting..which is trying to define the prophesy.

My only little savoring is seeing Ghost Rider whopping his fire rage..

I admit I don't agree with some reviews that this is failure. A lot review I read out there really put this down. Neither I won't say this is a big success like Thor or Cap. America but I think this won't go down as bad as Elektra, Daredevil or Punisher.

Lesson-from-movie:-
1) No matter who you are, you can still do good.
2) Be careful who you are dealing with. Seriously.

Advice :- Watch with little expectations. Don't push your imagination for this or else you have many questions. Remember they based this on comic books. Remember this is NOT your typical superhero movie.. it's anti hero!

Rating :- 6/10

No comments: