Saturday, December 17, 2011

what if...


My church at FCC doing a Christmas play that carries the title -- WHAT IF..

They also have this contest going on where we have to come out with some "creative" answers or catchphrase to answer that question, as in -- "WHAT IF" a gift is awaiting me in Faith Christian Centre (FCC) on 24th December 2011 from 6.00pm to 8.00pm..."

Well then, I think we all tend to ask ourselves lots of WHAT IF questions.. dont we?

Yes, even myself.

There are many times I have many questions that starts with the two infamous words - what if...

what if I am working in circular world instead of church? what if I was not born in Malaysia? what if I decided to stay in Ipoh instead of KL? what if what if what if...

I can type a long list of it...I am sure anyone will...

What made us have such questions? Perhaps there are some regrets in us or perhaps some "creative" thought in us made us think that way like wondering how the 'other' ending could look like instead of happy ending you have now.

There was once Marvel ran a series of their comic series under the brand "what if..." which offers alternative ending or route of their infamous characters. Example :- what if Spiderman's uncle didn't die? what if Professor X can walk?

Do have such thoughts like that?

I wish I have that power to see my alternate route and ending sometimes. Fun but obviously it's impossible... o well.. if only..

Instead of asking WHAT IF all the time, I believe it's matter of living life of faith and trust in our walk with God.

“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
Isaiah 43:18-19

Take heart that God always doing something good in our life as He promised. =)

Life is mysterious. Questions about life and time is always fascinating but at the end of the day, we can put up our hands and say there's a greater power watching over us.

The way God works is indeed full of mysteries and beyond our imagination.

My prayer that you will enjoy the remainder of 2011, have a great Christmas period ahead (8 days away!) and be excited for next year.

Hope 2012 will be great for all of us as we reflect the past few moments.

PS : Join us at FCC for Christmas eve and find out what this event is all about :D

No comments: