Thursday, April 16, 2009

randomly thurs again..

I duno if lately i m being so philosophical or what..a lot of things in life makes me ponder and wonder..

Like sometimes I was wondering if there is such thing like second chance in people's dictionary. I was upset lately at a few people who think some people dont deserve it. I tried to think diplomatically by putting myself some situation, in other people's shoes and wonder if someone did something bad to me, would i really forgive that person. Oh well, it's very subjective isn't it?  

Let's extend our borders abit. If a criminal enters jail and when he is freed, does he deserved a second chance to live a normal life like you and me? If someone caught in pre-martial sex, are we still going to accept him/her? If a student fails exams, is it fair that he or she can retake the paper? 

This brings back to my original question. Does second chance exist in the world today? Are we humans that judgmental?

Try to leave God out of the picture first please. He indeed has given us second chance in life by sending His Son to us to die on the cross so our sins can be forgiven. Ok, it's obvious that all of us cannot play God or be like Him because if we are able to, i think this world is so perfect. But i m asking from a human's perspective.

Mmm..back to some work that i got to do.. >_<

3 comments:

Bea said...

i guess...yeah, ppl do need a second or few chances to learn from their past mistakes...seems kinda unfair if they're forever doomed or condemned over a single failure...

Anonymous said...

Hi there Timothy Lim,
read your blog.. hmm... second chance.. I always seek for more than 2 chances.. and I know it's not 'healthy' but still... I learnt from my lesson... for me, why not? if the second chance change the person for the better, it should be a good news right? =).. well, just a thought as well.. hehe....

JamesC said...

well ... yea everyone do deserve a 2nd chance..or even more. Yet there are cases where 2nd chance is just too hard to give.Conclusion? It depends on the person it self.