Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A time for everything

There are certain days when i m alone, coming back from work, feeling tired; i would ask myself and God all the "what if..?" questions...

What if i never decided to stay in KL? what if i didnt take up some responsibity i have? what if i go for this instead of that? what if i didnt study in KL? what if i didnt do something that i have done? what if..what if..lol..this can go on..and on..and on..forever..

I remember praying about all the things had happen so far in my life this year. Then when i turn my thoughts to God..look into the heavens, the immediate answer i got was God has His purpose for all this happen.

Then this verse came to me..

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven;
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

(ECCLESIASTES 3:1-8)

I remember pastor shared with me that things in life come and go. People, things, problems, trend, etc. But one thing that still move on and goes on is the Kingdom of God.

I admit sometimes i dun understand everything i m going thru. Indeed there were ups and downs in life. All the seasons in life. There were times i m so tired out by it, feel like giving up. But i think the strong part of me carried me thru, most importantly thinking of God makes me even more determined to stay alive.

As i read on in the same chapter of Ecclesiastes, there is one verse spoke to me..

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end
(ECCLESIASTES 3:11)

So ya, i may not understand what God is doing, but what makes life interesting is the test to trust Him more. Life is about learning and i think i m still learning each day to put my trust in Him more and more each day.

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
(ECCLESIASTES 3:14)

No comments: