Here are some quick reviews of some movies I watched recently...
Alita : battle angel
Effects are great but storyline is just alright.
Rating : 6.7/10
Always be my maybe
One of the best rom-com in recent times
Rating : 8/10
John Wick 3
critically I find it hard to pinpoint why the hype. While it's gory, I find myself laughing at the fights and puzzled at the overall storyline.
I have seen better fight scenes. also, I just feel it's like some random low budget fight movie. Maybe the only plus point of the movie is seeing Keanu Reeves, but then he is old so I cant expect him to fight freely like he was 15-20 years ago.
maybe someone needs to convinced me why it is good. Tbh, Keanu in "Always be my maybe" is much fun to watch, even his role in Toy Story 4 is memorable.
Rating : 6/10
Missing Link
It's stop-motion animated adventure. While animation is interesting and eye-catching, storyline is draggy.
Rating : 6/10
Wonder Park
A family cartoon movie which has a good storyline.
Rating : 7/10
Breakthrough
Emotional and inspirational stuff. There were a few awkward plot holes and moments (eg : that random Phil Wickham/Lecrae cameo) but I hope such genre can continue to improve in Hollywood
Rating : 6.7/10
Batman:Hush
it is one of the better Batman animated movies in recent times. Quite comic arc accurate.
Rating : 8/10
Love at First Swipe
Locally made by JinnyboyTV. Man, it's really good stuff. Malaysia BOLEH LA! tbh, we need more local shows/movies/series like this.
Rating : 8/10



No comments:
Post a Comment