I will be bluntly honest to say that I don't understand why people thinks this is "feminist" movie.. I personally have seen worse movie/show that is in that category. I just think that it's a normal superhero genre movie with a female lead.
Generally alright movie, perhaps because it serves to bring in a "missing piece" to the whole Avengers picture so somehow it does affect the story telling pace. There were draggy moments, there were great moments. I admit some parts of the story-line caught me a bit off-guard, perhaps because knowing some of these characters from the Marvel mythology via comics and cartoon series and see how different they are.
The main satisfaction is the mid-credit scene although it's a scene that is much expected.
That's why I said, the movie is basically like a jigsaw piece.
Kudos to Brie Larson for bringing Captain Marvel to live. Glad to see Agent Phil Coulson back on the MCU big screen after all his stint in the SHIELD series. Samuel L.Jackson as Nick Fury, man, that guy is enjoying his role as much as he can.. to think that he (may) appear in another two more movies this year.. can't wait to hear more of his sarcasm.
RATING : 7.8/10
PS : if you want extra read.. but SPOILER ALERT article read.

No comments:
Post a Comment